Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boracay Memories with Youth Leaders

Banana Ride
  
    Many times I've been to boracay, but I guess this one is the most special and exciting one. There are a lot of things that I've overcome eespecially my fears. I feared heights, speed and underwater. Not only that, I also realized something I am happy about. Well, I guess this one is the best experience that I had.

    First of all, it was special because I was with my girlfriend that time. It's so good to feel that everytime I wake up I could see her face early in the morning and it keeps my love stronger than ever before for her. We also ate together with our youth leaders and walk around the island of boracay.

    Let's talk about my fears, I really feared heights, speed and underwater. I just don't know why I feared them. We decided to ride in a banana boat together with the youth leaders and I'm not really that excited because I already tried it before but this one is special because I'm with my co ministers in our church. While we are about to write down our names in the registration area, I decided not to ride with them, instead I asked permission if I could ride in the SPEED BOAT to capture some video and pics, luckily it was okay with them. I took Necco with me because he don't want to ride in the banana boat, (I don't know what's his reason ). The fun started and I could see the excitement in the faces of our youth leaders, and it really overjoyed my heart everytime I hear them shout and their laughs. Something I realized then, that I am also happy to see them enjoying the ride, though I was not with them.

     We had a meeting at night and we decided if what we are going to do on the next day. We are choosing between ISLAND HOPPING and EAT ALL YOU CAN. We chose Island hopping because, It is their remembrance to have island hopping rather than eat all you can which we can also do it here in Iloilo. In the next morning, Greatel, Glory, Rigel, Mac2, and Me tried HELMET DIVING at around 10:30 in the morning. We took Ptr Don together with us to watch for us and he had a FREE SNORKLING that time LOL!!!


     We waited for a long time because there are still people who are not yet finished and I got dizzy because the wave was strong. We decided to have snorkling first and It was really cool because we saw some fishes under the water. Then finally, it's our turn to have helmet diving we were oriented first on how to equaize the air pressure and what are the basic hand signs to use for our communication underwater. While I am going down, I was about to give up becauase of the pain I felt in my ears because of the pressure and the instructor reminds us to equalize the pressure and thank God I overcome that situation. We took pictures, feed the fishes and have fun. God is really awesome! His works are really beautiful and I just can't explain how beautiful are His works....

    After we had our helmet diving, we rest for a while and have Island hopping together with our leaders. It was fun because they had a chance to have snorkling and have fun together at the sea. We also passed by in the beautiful resort of our boxing champion Manny Pacqiuao. Unfortunately, we didn't complete the island hopping because of the wave. Instead, we went back and have a rest.

     We went for dinner and we take time to walk around the island of boracay and we had our food trip and of course the most exciting part of our adventure the BASKETBALL craze at D'MALL. LOL! Our boys took some shots and the girls are our cheer leaders. It was really fun because some of us got only 1pt and 2pts... We went to station 1 and we are really tired and we decided to go back and ride in a tricycle. Well, I already went to sleep early and some of our leaders really used their time to talk to each other and they slept at around 5:00am...

    How I wish we had enough money to extend our celebration at boracay and some of our fellow youth leaders could also join us (Some of them wasn't able to join because of financial problem). But, I believe that we enjoyed our 2 days boracay trip as our compliment to our youth leaders who take time to attend our leadership training to improve theirselves in caring of a small group. It also to let them realize that when serving the Lord is not boring... After this event, our youth leaders will be designated in different outreaches to reach out more young people for Christ. To God be the glory!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment